Opus 1

Opus 1
beauty and truth

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gone fishing?

I have a copy of "I and Thou" sitting next to me on the table and the cover photo of M. Buber is simply radiating. His eyes know something that I also know, almost as if he is looking right at me saying, "I know you get it. Now just express it." But how? And that's where the whole thing goes wrong!

'It' just expresses all by 'it's' self. (There is no need for me to help out in this adventure at all!) Actually, it is a continual expression, a continual happening all the time. ALL THE TIME! And there is nothing to get, so please don't try to sell me anything like I am missing something. I am enough unto myself, as long as I have gotten out of the way, that is. Actually, I am so much unto myself I don't even know where to begin. It's all so marvelous and so exciting.

Sometimes the best thing that happens is that I just sit with my glorious self. But the big world out there seems to have a bit of a problem with my sitting because I am not catching any fish. Well the truth is, there are no fish to catch. Actually, I have found the action of catching catches me in the end. And beautifully catching fish, like filling up at the pump (the pump of greed), I am only then fueling the machine. And then, tell me what is it that I am serving at the end of a long day when I am tired and have nothing left for those I love. Why is it that I fuel the machine and forget to fuel myself and loved ones?

Things come and go and there is no need for greedy hands in this game of ebb and flow. The ocean knows this movement like the back of her hand. So naturally she comes and goes why don't I? Movement is natural but I have to be still in order to notice. I must have time to sit. And who has time for that when I am occupied with fueling the machine. Catching fish keeps me out of the flow and makes me solid when I am most definitely not.

I believe that I am even made up of 90% water. (Or something like that.) So in other words I am the river itself and the big fish is inside. Don't think that the fish are outside like objects to be had. Nothing can be caught and nothing can be bought. But that is not what I have been told. Experiences can only be shared and I would like to experience more of my friends. But everyone seems busy or tired. We are running and maybe it's time to sit. Sit and experience the flow.

I am the river. I am flowing into and with the ocean. And the fish are inside. Don't miss. Go in. Read Buber.

No comments:

Post a Comment