Opus 1

Opus 1
beauty and truth

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Henry Miller

I have fallen deeply in love with Henry Miller. My cat is named Henry and by association I am now pondering if there is any sort of sign here. My father-in-law (I hate that word. It always seems so terrible) has always been a big fan of Henry Miller. So, why is it that only today I am catching on? It's like once you buy a new car the only car that you now see on the road, or in a parking lot just happen to be the same model car as your brand new one. It's amazing how our minds do this! The truth is that these cars and Henry Miller were here all along but for some reason today I decided to take notice and look. Did "I" really choose to look or was it something else that what showing me? Was it something else leading me beautifully to Henry Miller's book title that just so happened, today March 20th, to be screaming loudly from the top of the bookshelf.

It's a seeing differently of sorts. Just a simple shift in perspective and a whole new world opens up, like a 'choose your own adventure' storybook where someone else is doing the choosing. And it's as though this new world was never there before, but now it's the only living reality there could ever be. And I have FALLEN privy to it. I have fallen.

It is the only world that I want to exist. And the minute that "I want" it to continue it vanishes just as quickly as it came. Am I really the creator of my own reality? And is this what Alice meant by "down the looking glass?' How long will my love affair last with Mr. Miller? Where will I be led to next?

The real love knows no object. And as I watch the drama unfold I feel like Henry Miller really IS choosing me. Be the witness, and witness the changing reality REALIZE you.

No comments:

Post a Comment