Opus 1

Opus 1
beauty and truth

Monday, March 15, 2010

Toaster-less in LA

Burnt toast again. Am I the only one here in LA without a toaster? Every time I attempt to make toast another piece of bread joins the black brick club. Not only are we wasting food here (although I will admit to eating several not so black squares for lack of anything else to eat) but there is a chance I could turn into one of those poor starving artists. And we sure don't need any of those kind around here. Especially not in LA! I mean come on lets get real, artists in LA!

Am I just a by product of the 21st century multi-tasking machine trying to do too many things at once and burning toast? Do I need to sharpen my awareness with more yoga classes? Or do I just need a simple toaster that makes a small dinging noise letting me know that the bread is making its final transition in to becoming toast?

The caterpillar turns into a butterfly, bread becomes toast, and LA can have artists. Change is the only constant. Be yourself. Be an artist. Burn your toast.

If you want to donate a toaster please send it to:

Burnt Toast
1319 Kellam Ave Apt 1
Los Angeles, CA 90026
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment